Here are the most significant guidelines for a responsible reopening of the National Church and other religious communities. The guidelines can be found in full at the website of the Ministry of the Church (Kirkeministeriet) (they are here in Danish). Please call our hotline if you are in doubt about what the guidelines means to you and your possibilities to practice your belief.
The assembly ban does not apply to the National Church and other religious communities in premises at their disposal. At funerals and interments, the assembly ban does not apply outside either.
This makes the following possible:
- Prayer, church services, Friday prayer, Mass, confession, personal reflection and so on.
- Christening, confirmation/bar and bat mitzvah, wedding, funeral, interment and other similar religious ceremonies.
- Other activities for the religious community in churches, synagogues, mosques, parish community centers, parish halls, and other premises.
Outdoor activities still need to adhere to the assembly ban, except from funerals and interments.
Indoor activities need to adhere to the authorities demands for premises where the public have access, among these:
1) Maximum one guest per 4 square meter floor area. If the floor area is less that 4 square meters, one visitor will be allowed.
2) The premises should to the greatest extent possible be organized so that it is possible for people to keep a distance from each other.
3) In or by the premises you have to post the information posters from the National Board of Health which states that people who have symptoms of Coronavirus illness/COVID-19 should isolate in their home, and those about good hygiene, and appropriate behavior in public.
4) Staff, volunteers and visitors have to adhere to the guidelines from the National Board of Health regarding good hygiene and appropriate behavior.
5) To the extent possible there has to be water and liquid soap or alcohol based (70-85%) hand sanitizer available to participants and visitors.
6) Staff and other persons affiliated with the premises have to wear gloves when handing out non-wrapped food items, if the food is touched by hand.
Furthermore, the health authorities’ general recommendations regarding prevention of dissemination have to be observed.
Remember to keep a distance. There should be at least one meter between people. In situations where there can be an elevated risk of infection, for example at a church service where people are singing, there should be at least two meters distance.
Also do remember to keep a distance when arriving and departing.
Visitors with an increased risk should consider if they should participate physically in activities in the National Church or other religious communities or if they should participate in a different way, for example online or in another manner.
The guidelines for a responsible reopening of the National Church and other religious communities are dynamic and are continuously adapted to the situation.